Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Gorilla on my Chest

So we are right now in the planning phase...

This is supposed to fun right? I have to start by saying our new house is deceptively HUGE... So for me the planning of the decorating feels like a huge gorilla is sitting on my chest.

We start talking about what we want in each room & my head starts to spin... then throw on flooring, window placement, to vault the ceilings or not to vault, rip out this wall add tiles, counters, paint colors, contemporary, modern, country... I thought I would love this portion & dont get me wrong, I might, but right now I feel short of breath thinking of all the decision that lay ahead for us.. I think watching HGTV & DIY is making it worse, because` everyday we are like oooohhhh we want that too... LMAO.

We have decided that the first things to get done are the kids rooms... and the bathroom upstairs.. Oh and the kitchen... Oh and the .........

I will feel better in a week when we are tearing out walls...

1 comments:

Wenderina said...

I totally relate. I think the first time I went into that Home Expo store (the high-end Home Depot) I had a panic attack at the number of choices. I've learned finally to sit in a space and slowly get a base vision of the bones...and then build out from there. Believe me, you'll have the space filled with clutter soon enough...keep it simple.