Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Feeling of Creative Freedom

So we know the signing of the papers is coming... In a matter of days we can get in there & get to work, but it feels like the days are dragging, my mind is consumed with this house, I lose sleep over it, I stress about it, I become ridiculously happy about it.

We have been talking about it for what seems like forever now. What we want to do, what rooms we want to make bigger, flooring, paint, cabinets, OH MY! It seems that Pat & I have NOTHING else to talk about these days. It has even led to arguments already... But that is us, we love to challenge each other. Even the girls have paint colors, curtains & everything already picked out!

Let me give you a little insight about us....Our home history if you will....

We have always rented, before we met & since, paying rent equal to most peoples mortgages every month. We have had 3 moves since we have been together, the reasons ranging from our family growing to one crazy ass natzi landlord.....Let's just say that situation was nasty.. Literally, you can see what I mean here ..

http://liinthesticks.blogspot.com/2009/02/um-pat-theres-poop-in-tub.html

http://liinthesticks.blogspot.com/2009/02/poop-is-outta-here-and-so-am-i.html

http://liinthesticks.blogspot.com/2009/04/sour-grapes-as-my-mom-would-say.html


We have only been married not even 2 years & together a total of almost 3.We both came into the marriage with daughters from previous relationships & then had another since being married. So we weren't necessarily starting out ahead of the game, like normal couples our age do. Pat is 32 & I am 28, he is a country boy & I am a city girl "gone country".

He works in NYC & I am now a stay at home mom, because we decided that was best for our family currently. But in a not so traditional way, we purchased a house.. But nothing about mine & Pat's relationship ever was "traditional" or probably ever will be.
Pat, by nature is a carpenter, I, by nature am a decorator... Never has there been a pair more designed for conflict of interest or one more ready to create their masterpiece.

See having always rented leaves you yearning to be able to do what you want. Since it is not your house you cant paint, rip up the rugs or make the rooms bigger or Pat's favorite peeve, the walls straight. So to finally be able to let our talents free is a feeling of liberation we are both looking very forward too.

I am eagerly anticipating the outcome, I cant wait to see what we create together, that is of course, if we don't kill each other first!




0 comments: