Thursday, January 7, 2010

How it all came about....

We obtained the house in a not so normal way, we didn't know it was for sale, it was NOT on the market. We got word through our "investor" that this was available & only WE knew about it. It was a 5 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage house with attached green house on 3.57 acres... He had our attention...

Pat & I were currently looking at another house on Pinekill that was dirt cheap. It ended up selling for 30grand...



Anyways... The house, our house, had recently had something tragic take place in it. There was a fire, a fire in which 3 very beloved girls in the school district had passed away in.

This was where I first said NO WAY. It's not right, I can't. It's too sad to live there, I couldn't, never going to happen..... This is also where I was told, just go in it, if you feel uneasy we wont do it, the mother of the girls wants nothing to do with this house & the faster she is rid of it the fast she can begin to heal. This I understood. But I still didn't want to.

Of course after a lot of coaxing & pleading with me, Pat got me to go look at it with him. We had to see how much damage there was exactly, if we could afford to fix it, & if I felt at ease.

Upon our arrival, the person who was meeting us to show the house wasn't there yet, so we walked around the outside, I was uneasy at first, but the property was gorgeous & had sooo much potential. Once he arrived & took us into the house, they went right in, it took me a few minutes, a few deep breaths before I could go in. I didn't feel uneasy like I thought I would, I didn't feel scared, I felt at peace... sad about the situation when I got to looking around, but at peace with it.

Once we saw the house, the damage and Pat knew I would be able to sleep at night, we immediately said yes. It would be a new life for this house, a new family to love it & make memories, but best of all , my family, it would be our house. We knew it was going to take a lot of work, time, sweat, tears, and sanity, but we were ready for the challenge.

The pictures were taken by the Pike County Press & Times Herald Record at the time of the fire.....

0 comments: