Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Decision Maker....

I have been toying around with wood flooring or carpeting.

 After watching Taylor color on my rugs today, ok not so much watch.. I dont want you think I was sitting there like duuurrrr while she was going to town... as walked in after she was too quiet to find out why...

This was my first rational towards wood floors, then catching her turning her bottle upside down and smearing the lovely smell of milk into the rug while she carefully watched for me in the wrong direction...

I think I would rather a Dark wood floor that I can mop, than a stinky rug that I have to shampoo constantly, the wood floor is seeming to be the less labor intensive of the two.

In case you dont know me personally, how do I say this nicely, I am a anal rententive neat freak. I am not Mommy Dearest running around screaming " NO WIRE HANGERS EVER" or waking them up in the night to bleach the bathroom with comet, but you know, clean, smelling nice, organized & put away.. I have a cleaning schedule, certain things I like done by certain times of the day, I clean - clean in the morning & straighten up at night & then again all over tomorrow.. I probably need medication for it but I dont think its a bad sickness... yet.  I mean my 1 year old knows what things are garbage & throws them away without being told, while my 10 year old makes her bed without being asked and keeps her room usually very clean... Maybe I could use a low dose...

Anyways.. I think I know how to base what I should get on what is the safest cleaning option after "the beast" (as her older sisters call her) shows me the light..... Taylor my assisant decorator, who knew?!

This is my little one over the summer, this pic right here is the reason I ran out THAT DAY to get the child locks for all the cabinets... The ones she has since figured out to unlock...If you click on the picture you will see why we go through one box of cheerios a week. She is my rebel.

1 comments:

Wenderina said...

I love our hardwood floors and I even love the laminate "tile" we put in the kitchen. That is so cleanable (and never looks dirty) in a slate look. Truth is though, in this cold winter, I'm jumping from area rug to area rug and trying to keep warm. They have radiant heat flooring, but I think it is pricey.I do wish we had at least investigated it since our kitchen is over the garage and my feet are FREEZING after only a few minutes of standing in that room. A nice option to consider for your little one's warmth on the floor.